Knit 2 Par 3

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me Raffle

For years and years and years I've said: oh, my birthday, no big deal. No need for presents, or cakes, or special phone calls or especially, flowers sent to me at the office. No need!

Well, I want you all to know: my birthday is this week.

In honor of this event, I'm having a little raffle. To enter: knitters should send me a card, or just an envelop even, with a length of yarn about as long as your arm span. I willl use all contributions for my mitered square project, which is still either a blanket or a rug.

Golfers: send me card with a tee or a ball marker. I never have enough of these things, since I either get so excited that I hit the ball off the tee that I forget to take it with me, or I am so despondent about my poor putting that I leave the marker on the green as I creep off the green in disgrace.

I have a Berlin theme for the prizes:


For Golfers: half a dozen Sponge Bob Schwamkoff golf balls, plus this peculiarly smutty German golf magaine. Berliners were crazy for Sponge Bob.

For Knitters: a skein of Trekking from the German manufacturer Zitron, in lovely autumn colors, enough for a pair of socks.

Winners will be picked at random on Sunday May 13th . Don't forget to put your address somewhere on the card or envelop so I know where to send the prize. Enter as often as you'd like, and send your entries to:

Hobonet
P.O. Box 6272
Hoboken, NJ 07030



1 Comments:

Blogger Paper Tiger said...

Happy birthday!!! I'm a big fan of the birthday week phenomenon. Milk it for all it's worth, I say!!

5/06/2007 01:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home