Knit 2 Par 3

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

TV: Good for What Ails You

You know all that coughing I have been doing all winter? Well, I found out it was pneumonia. First, I thought it was that winter cold that everyone in my office passed around. Then as it progressed into the spring, I figured it was just allergies. Even though I feel exactly the same way I did all winter I gave in to having a Disease this week and spent a lot of time laying on the couch, catching up on TIVO'd episodes of Knitty Gritty.

While I probably wouldn't knit anything I've seen on that show, I do adore Vicki Howell's haircut and I generally find the little tips useful. But this week, I was totally blown away by a cast off demonstrated by Annie Modesitt, and I used it on my Mr. Greenjean's sweater. Here it is:


The simple directions are here, but it looks absolutely positively machine made. It also gives a nice stretchy but firm cast off. I just love it when a home made thing looks mass produced, I really do: My favorite cupcakes in the one lone gourmet shop in my work neighborhood are the ones that look like Hostess cupcakes. And if I could remember how to turn my oven on, I'd probably enjoy baking these Fake Twinkies for just the same reason.

1 Comments:

Blogger nixienox said...

If you turn your oven on for boxed cake mix and crisco, I'll have to stage an intervention.
Tasty snack cake recipes here
http://www.chow.com/stories/10094

5/22/2008 05:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home