Knit 2 Par 3

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Now that's Odd

I'm out of my mind with excitement about a sale at the yarn store this weekend. Right now I have 148 items on my Ravelry list to knit, not to mention the many patterns filed, cross indexed and forever protected in plastic sheets in 3 hole binders that I worked on during my 10 long weeks of unemployment this fall. I'm thinking about the Mr. Greenjeans sweater, I'm thinking about the Pin Up Pullover and I am desperately worried that I will come home with a shopping bag full of Noro Kuryeon like I always do. Because there are a few things in this world I cannot resist, and the top of that list is Noro Kuryeon. I'll thought I could take a non knitter along with me for damage control , someone whose good company I value and who has about a 20 minute tolerance for a yarn store, but when I asked Nancy if she wanted to go with me on Saturday, she looked at me like I asked her if she wanted to stick her tongue in an electric socket. So I guess that's a no.

I could get so caught up in this big sale I might decide to knit this:



Was your first thought when you saw this "Wow, this so very odd" or was it "Wow, this is so very odd that it doesn't this have long sleeves? I'd modify the pattern so it had long sleeves, and maybe a hood"?

Well?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely needs long sleeves! Have fun at the sale!

4/04/2008 08:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed the sale in my haste to get to the lighthouse, BUT i did stop at woodstock wool , and yes indeed it was virtually empty.They are open weekends until the end of april and that is the end. He is selling the building and retiring. Owner says the big box stores are killing the little guy. I did manage to buy the last hunk of alpaca they had, even though it was a camelly color that is not usually in my fashion vocab.
did you leave any yarn unturned? is there any reason to make a trek up, after you whirled through?

4/07/2008 08:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home