Knit 2 Par 3

Monday, September 11, 2006

Mainely Stuff that Wouldn't Look Good in My Life

Wouldn't be a Maine vacation without buying or coveting things that don't fit into my real life. I've learned to be as coveteous as I want, but to leave the money at home.

Nancy and Brendan went to Maine Cottage one day and came home with a catalog and a lamp. The catalog had beautiful and usual colors and fabrics; my favorite is a fabric called Fern Leibowitz. Remember? Fern died tragically in a kiln explosion at her all-girls college. I hope it wasn't while making that lamp.

Last year I coveted, and purchased, a lot of roving and top for spinning at Halcyon. I did teach myself to spin, but it took a lot of red wine to get into the groove. I spun enough for a few hats, but it's a lot of work. I also unfortunately purchased a whole load of mohair that I am still trying to unload. What could I have been thinking?

I also coveted Camper shoes just like this pair, but with patterns that looked like a heart when you put your feet together. I was feeling lovey that day, I guess. I got that lovey feeling back when I looked at the Camper website today; I may go back and get those shoes in October when we go to Maine for Canadian Thanksgiving.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brendan said...

Are you dissing us because we bought a lamp and didnt just look at it covetously?

9/14/2006 09:27:00 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

I admit it - dissing. Well, who buys a lamp on vacation?

9/16/2006 09:00:00 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

When you could spend money on yarn?

9/16/2006 11:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home