Knit 2 Par 3

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Too Hot For Golf

At least for me, this weekend. But not too hot for knitting, especially with really fuzzy mohair. I finished a very fun sweater in time for Nancy's birthday this weekend, here it is:



This is based on a pattern from the recent Knitscene magazine, but I used a pretty Alchemy instead of a fluffy Naturwole as suggested. It only took about 300 yards too, making it a great way to use up some lace yarn. I find if you use a bulky yarn for these kinds of shrugs, unless you are one of the Olsen twins, you can end up looking like a linebacker. This Alchemy is a nylon/mohair blend which gives makes the yarn a little easier to handle.

The beauty of this sweater is that it is knitted in one piece from the bottom up - the cap sleeves are cast on at the underarm seam, and you can make the raglan sleeve decreases as plain or as fancy as you want. There was very little finishing, although I did crochet an edge on the underarm for a better finish.

I can't recommend this pattern enough. It was sized properly, and you could use a variety of yarns to get the right gauge. I have a load of Rowan Kid Silk Haze - and you know that's like knitting with dental floss - and I plan to make another one, this time for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home