Knit 2 Par 3

Friday, January 26, 2007

Diamonds are a (Chilly) Girl's Best Friend

It was nine degrees when we woke up this morning. Nine! The pipes froze in the bathroom here in the Museum of 1937, but I threw my coat over my pajamas and was lucky to get a ride to the gym to take a shower.

This is Emily in the Diamond Hat. Even for me, this hat was a challenge: it's made up of millions of mitre-squared sections that decrease microscopically in size for each row, with a separate knitted on border. If you have 10 or so years to devote to figuring it out, email me and I'll hook you up.

The yarn: the beauty that is Noro. Noro gives you enough length before color changes so that you can get a whole square of one color, or a subtle ombre of two or three. It is suitable for every colorway, but I used only about 200 yards and size 6 needles for the whole thing so you could use leftovers of any kind with good results. But use Noro if you've got it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home