Knit 2 Par 3

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Divine Intervention

We voluntarily ventured into a church last Sunday for a family event, and I have been waiting for some bolt of holiness or hellfire to strike me since then. It's important to note that the Pagan Baby did not catch fire even once during the service in spite of her lack of religious education.

So it happened today. I was slurping down on an extra-woody Tasti-D-Lite at lunch today in this park overlooking the East River I had a thunderclap of a golf epiphany. Dinah Shore appeared on top of the Feeling Groovy Bridge and said: 125 is your goal this year. But don't try to score 125 or less in a game. Try to beat the hole: play until you reach a hole where your score equals 125 and then stop counting. Then, in the next game, try to do one hole better while still scoring 125.

This way, you can say you play about 125. You don't have to say it's the score through the 9th hole.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paper Tiger said...

OK, not being a golfer all I understand here is "Tasti D Lite." Oh, how I miss it...

5/24/2007 02:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home