Knit 2 Par 3

Monday, October 22, 2007

Done Roving for Now

It was all about the roving this weekend at SheepStock 2007. I'd say the ratio of roving to yarn was 3:1 and frankly, even when you are not working there isn't enough time to spin all that roving into yarn and forget about knitting anything with it.

I did buy some exciting yarn this weekend, but I found it difficult to spend all the change I have found around the house while vacuuming during my unemployment. I'll spend some time later this week on the yarn, after I have had a chance to cast on all new projects with every skein which should take me another, oh, 48 hours.

I did learn a few things this weekend that I'd like to share.

First, as you can see here, people like to dress up their animals. While I enjoy a talking dog as much as the next person, I think you go too far when you dress up a llama with a scarf - made out of acrylic to boot.


Second, there were famous and beloved knitters to be seen, but we didn't see them. At the Mason Dixon table, we saw the Mason Dixon kids but not the moms. Kristin Nicholas left all this very beautiful knitting at here table, but she was probably on line for a lamb pot pie so I didn't get to meet her.



Finally I learned that the Yarn Harlot really packs them in. Here is she wearing the Kauni cardigan. Sadly, she was telling a story that I had both heard her tell in person a while ago and then read about on her blog.



Yarn Harlot, if you are reading this, here is a j0ke you can tell that slays any size audience: Hey! did you hear that the supermarket chain Stop n Shop is merging with the A&P? It's going to be called Stop and P!

Kills'em, every time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess what? Those weren't our kids! Those sweet boys who were "watching" our table while we foraged for food belonged to the Merritt Books guy!

Sorry we missed you...
xo Kay

10/24/2007 07:42:00 AM  
Blogger bonitapita said...

Glad to see you had a good time. Can't wait to see your purchases!

10/24/2007 07:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home