Knit 2 Par 3

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Keeping it Clean

So far, I've kept to my sacred promise that I'd never knit anything for an animal or for use in a room with running water. But when I was excavating the stash this week, I found some ancient cotton from the now defunct Rag Shop and I started thinking about what I could do with it.

The obvious thing was to make something golf related. You would all agree, there is nothing weird about knitting golf accessories at all.

But I have been getting in touch with my inner domestic goddess over the past few weeks because I am so inspired by the wives on Mad Men, so I did some investigation on what I could do with this load of cotton crap besides foist it on the knitting group tomorrow night.

I've been learning how to do the dishes so that soap bubbles don't appear in your cereal the next day. This is accomplished by giving them a good scrub with a dishcloth or sponge which is certainly a knittable object. The number of dish clothrag patterns on the internet is mind boggling. So much so, that I don't think it is necessary to knit even one: it's been done to death.

Another new thing I've experienced is cleaning the floor on a regular basis. which means more than 2 times per year. I bought this Swiffer thing which is quiet, and doesn't seem to freak out the animals as much as the vacuum. I can see that shortly I will be running out of the overpriced cloths that go with it, but this girl has a great idea that is eco-friendly and stash busting to boot.

Last year we painted the bathroom but I am thinking it could use a little sprucing up, and maybe some knitted toilet paper covers would do. The kinds with the little dolls.

Do you want me to make one for your house? I thought not.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, you linked one of my posts about dishrags, that's how I found your blog. I know dishrags have been done to death...but I want you to reconsider never making them. They have got to be popular for some reason right? They are fast to knit, come in fun colors, and once you start using them they do get really addicting.
Just a thought...I was recently converted to the world of knitted dishrags and now I don't know if I can ever go back.

9/22/2007 09:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home