Knit 2 Par 3

Friday, September 07, 2007

What a Feeling

I would not accompany my loved ones to visit even one Radio Shack store if our lives depended on it, yet I had the nerve to "suggest" a visit to The Custom Shop to their new location in the 'Port last week.

This place used to carry a little bit of yarn, and a lot of curtains. The new store has a lot more yarn, and curtains on the windows only. They've moved from their frankly more convenient location on Route 1 to a little strip mall on Route 35, about a mile from the center of town. I know it's a mile, because after about 10 minutes of walking to this yarn store that is just right near here I feel it I thought I heard a suggestion that maybe, just maybe, it would have been more efficient to have looked up the address instead of relying on a feeling that there is a yarn store nearby.

Do you get the Yarn Store Feeling? One where you just know a yarn store is nearby even though you might never have been in that neighborhood before? A woolly feeling, right? I get them all the time.

2 Comments:

Blogger bonitapita said...

I have discovered at least 2 yarn shops in just this way...walking seemingly aimlessly. One in Belfast, ME and one in St. Michaels, MD. Don't let them get you down....

9/08/2007 02:32:00 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

It's not so much that they get me down, it's keeping them continuously keep them confused about where we are headed that is the hard part. D

9/08/2007 06:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home