Knit 2 Par 3

Monday, July 23, 2007

By the Time We Got To Woodstock

We took our hard working selves out for some much needed laziness this weekend.

First on the agenda was a stop at Woodstock Wool Company - you guessed it, Woodstock. I bought this beautiful alpaca and it is a shame that Feel-O-Vision hasn't been invented for the internet because it is wonderfully soft and not the tiniest bit itchy.

This was a great store. It was one of the few yarn stores I've been in where I didn't need to look for the exit signs because of the hellish fire trap stock layout. Their store line was pretty, varied and generously priced: I'll be whipping up my alpaca sweater for less than $60. It also had a great couch on which the menfolks reclined, leaving me to browse to my heart's content:



They also had a very thorough and satisfying selection of at least three lines of Brown Sheep (bulky, regular, and that nice cotton merino blend). Their sale section was also pretty interesting and I was glad to see all the ill considered eyelash yarn priced to move.

I needed those "five pretty buttons" for the EZ Baby Surprise sweater, and although I didn't find them there, their button department was as pretty as a display of fancy chocolates.



We didn't spend all our time at the yarn store, and neither should you! We went for a walk at the
Tannersville Arboretum and thought we saw our house in the distance.


And we visited the Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary which was enjoyable even for a teen ager (although she still ordered a bacon topped hamburger at dinner in spite of meeting some it's relatives at the farm).

But the very best part of a very nice weekend was me, here, this.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That last picture just sums it all up, doesn't it?

But no golf?

Speaking of, went to look at clubs...LOVE those Adams Tech OS!

7/24/2007 08:17:00 AM  
Blogger margaux said...

Oh how I wish I could be knitting in the chair beside you!!

7/24/2007 09:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home