Knit 2 Par 3

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Knitting and Golf Save the Day

Today was a pretty crappy day at work, possibly one of the ten worst, and a) I work at a weird and difficult place and b) I have a job most people find weird and difficult, so believe me when I tell you today was one of the top ten crappy days of all time.

So I was glad to come home to a nice glass of the cheapest possible red wine from the liquor store, just a few more rows on my Ribbi Shell, and the opportunity to offer both knitting and golf advice.

The Ribbi Shell is now an official FO, and it is a gift to me. I hope to have a few pictures this weekend, particularly of the very fine detail in the V neck decreases and the overall excellent fit thanks to a few well placed va va va voom short rows for the bust shaping. Too bad I used a cashmere blend and will probably only be able to wear this when it is 10 degrees below zero because what this project really should be called is Winter Undershirt and not Ribbi Shell.

I gave knitting advice to a few people tonight, variations on the theme of "frog it, and do it again" type advice. One brave soul may opt for cutting off the offending part, and if she does, I will devote a whole post to her brave act.

And golf advice? If you are getting new clubs for the first time, as is one reader, use your knitting needles as a gauge. If you mostly knit with a few sizes, then I'd go with the Ping iron set and you can add in as you need. If you are a big Addi Turbo fan, I'd go with the Taylor Made since they look nice, like Addi Turbos, and they seem very durable. If you are like me, a Denise Interchangeable fan, I say get a big old set of Cleveland or Wilson clubs because like the Denise Needles - they are all there when you need'em.

3 Comments:

Blogger Paper Tiger said...

I don't understand... Were you shot with arrows? Or did you get the plague? Whatever it is, I hope tomorrow is a better day.

7/18/2007 12:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful analogy: knitting needles and golf clubs. I'll try that on my husband and see what he says! Yes, I will need everyone's good thoughts if I have to pull out the scissors. Thanks.

7/18/2007 06:42:00 AM  
Blogger margaux said...

Denise!! sorry your day was so crappy - i can only imagine! I hope you cheer up... i know that wine will help ;-)

7/18/2007 07:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home