Knit 2 Par 3

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Golf Improvement

I had about a thousand things on my To Do list today, but I ended the day lounging on the couch watching golf, finishing up the sleeves on the Faux Zimmerman sweater - alas! all alone, in a house full of non-golf watchers.

Do you find this happening to you? A Reader wrote to tell me about the bittersweet sorrow of a house full of non-golf watching guests and the miracle of TIVO. Just last week, a child lamented that Golf is not Family TV, due to the number of commercials for erectile dysfunction. Is there anything we can do to make it more palatable for them?

Well, for this US Open, there is a Pre-Game show. According to Brendan, they interviewed every blade of grass on the course today before shotgun. That's a start! If Emily can watch an hour special on E! about Paris Hilton - and watch it more than one time! - surely she would enjoy an interview with a blade of grass.

How about a Red Carpet Special? With fashion commentary what, though. The logo golf shirts and baggy pants? Although Aaron Baddely had on spectacular madras pants today, and his hair was perfect.

But these guys have the right idea: golf needs a little blood to draw in the crowds. A few busted noses and loose teeth can make the time just fly. Or Lucha Libre golf! Or maybe a reality show where you have to design a golf course and play a round for the judges.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marigold said...

Faux Zimmerman? Is this a pattern online, or your own special one? Can I see? And I agree, if golf had more violence in it, I'd probably watch it!

6/17/2007 03:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"they interviewed every blade of grass on the course" ROTFL!!!

I know EXACTLY what he means. Don't get me wrong, I love to watch golf, but the "heartfelt" (more like heartstring yanking) stories can get to you after awhile.

I also like your comparison of Paris to a blade of grass. Too funny!

6/17/2007 03:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home