Knit 2 Par 3

Friday, June 15, 2007

Feeling Squirrely

Being a city person, I think it's scary to see animals out and about without a leash. One of the most brazen, at least in my neighborhood of loose garbage can lids, is the squirrel. Twice squirrels got into our kitchen by eating through the screen mesh in the window, and once in London I saw a squirrel jump on a lady's leg and run up her skirt. I find them menacing.

So it is not a surprise that the US Open is being held at a place with a squirrel for a mascot. Check the leaderboard today: no one is under par at the close of business. Check out the beady eyes on their mascot, it all makes sense:

Is there golf planned for this weekend? Maybe just the couch kind. I hope to make a trip to the Renegade Craft Fair to buy some yarn since I a) have been making excellent progress with stash reduction b) am working on some projects for a long long time and tired of the yarn I have and c) am really sure I will use whatever I buy very soon and d) feeling like I deserve it and e) want to support independent spinners and f) make a good living and should treat myself every now and then and g) blah blah blah

Hey: if you click on the blog title you get a surprise.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AH! That is too funny!

They all sound like very good reasons to buy yarn...LIKE YOU NEED A REASON!!! But if it makes you feel better....

We have non-golf watching guests this weekend (the horror!) so we have been sneaking in a little Tivo watching right before bed. Its a problem, I know.

6/16/2007 09:04:00 AM  
Blogger Marigold said...

That surprise is way cute. I didn't know they could knit!

6/16/2007 12:34:00 PM  
Blogger margaux said...

hilarious denise! haha love the little squirrel! :-) Enjoy the craft fair!

6/16/2007 12:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home