Knit 2 Par 3

Monday, July 09, 2007

Ancient Artifacts

Many thanks to my sister Mrs. Sacco for providing me with proof of my youthful knitting, left. This must have been in 1971 or so and I was still deep into Granny Squares.

I remember buying this yarn at the Yarn Store on 10th and Bloomfield in Hoboken. It was a very bright white Red Heart acrylic and the shawl took two skeins which set me back about $1.50. I also bought a red size J crochet hook that day, which I still use.

Here's the pattern: Chain 1 and turn. In the single chain, double crochet 3, chain 2, and double crochet 3 again. This makes a point. Chain 2, turn and do 2 double crochet in between the first and second crochet, chain one, make a point at the point, chain one, then 3 double crochet in the space between the last two DC.

Chain 2, turn. 2DC in between the first and second DC, Chain 1, then 3 DC in the gap created by the chain in the prior row, ch1, make a point, 3 DC in the gap, ch1, then three in the space between the last two. Repeat this row until it is long enough to provide shelter for a little first holy communion girl.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paper Tiger said...

Wow! I had no idea you were a Mile Square native!

What was the occasion for all the tulle?

7/10/2007 01:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I KNEW that picture would come back to haunt me!!!

8/04/2007 08:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home