Knit 2 Par 3

Sunday, June 24, 2007

I never got around to any golf this weekend, either in person or via the magic of TV, although I had every intention of at least going out to hit some balls. Sometimes life gets in the way.

Like for this guy, John Daly. He didn't get to play golf this weekend because of an incident with a fourth wife and a steak knife and probably a bucket of chicken wings from Hooters. Maybe this little break will give him time to work on his line of fine wines. Goodness knows here is a wine you would expect in a box, or at least with a screw top, right? Maybe in a six pack.

I did finish up a number of projects, and I will have pictures hopefully in a few days. I was glad to bind off the last row of the Faux Zimmerman cardigan. I used up most of my Galway leftovers on that, and it has that satisfying garter stitch evenness. When I get the pix I will describe more about the pattern, it is based on the Einstein Coat in Sally Melville's book The Knit Stitch.

As a reward for diminishing the stash by about 1% I bought a very nice Rowan cashmere blend to make the Ribbi Shell for myself. It knits up really nice but I had to adjust the pattern for the gauge and added a few more ribbies and some short row shaping for fit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home