Knit 2 Par 3

Monday, September 03, 2007

Sibling Rivalry


A few months ago, my brother Little Freddy started playing golf after not playing for 15 years. He's been a golf lurker, asking me about my game and saying Gee We Should Play On Vacation but did I know he was working on his comeback like Sylvester Stallone in Rocky II?

When I talked to the golf psychiatrist about my concerns about playing golf with a family member, I was reminded that the game is between You and The Course. Well, this doctor must have forgotten he wasn't an only child, because many, many deeply seated issues get played out in a round of golf when you play with a baby brother.

Anyway, I had a personal best round and Little Freddy fished out a few balls from the slimy frog pond, so a good time was had by all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stand by my original comments. If you want to enjoy yourself on a golf course play against yourself. If you want to stick it to your sibling you will only seethe in anger . . .

-Drindle

9/04/2007 09:24:00 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Yeah, well, today he called me and asked if I could send him the scorecard to keep.

9/08/2007 06:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home