If I had only known how much there was to do when you were unemployed, I would have left the Wide World of Work world a long time ago.
Today we played golf and I tried out my new bag. It worked fine, but I plan to make a few modifications, as follows:
- Learn to play golf
- Make a large pocket for balls and snacks, using a tee for a button (cute and clever)
- Rocking out in a comfy chair
- One of dozens of younger-ish women with gray hair in one space
- still totally in love with Lenny Kay after all these years
This week also included a trip to Modern Yarns in Montclair, and if you haven't been there, well, call me and we'll hop in the Dodge Veg-o-Matic, feel up some yarn and eat at this place.
What made Modern Yarns so good?
- The selection was really varied. They had a good stock of Rowan, including a boatload of Calmer. They had a little Frog Tree too, and Cherry Hill, and that Regia Sock Yarn in that manly Kaffee Fassett color way.
- I haven't seen any Habu Textile anywhere in New Jersey, and this place had some lace weight and novelty from them, probably made out of luncheon meat or something.
- There was quite a good selection of books in the back, and a big table to sit and look at magazines, and a couch for the mens.