Knit 2 Par 3

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Smells Like Teen Something


I got the bad news this week that Emily doesn't "need" a Halloween costume, thanks all the same.

I was planning on making this nice one on the left here.

The truth is, it's hard to knit for a teenager. I've knit a few things for Emily, with mixed results. By the time I'd finished one sweater, she had already grown about three inches. Colors we chose for a sweater in the fall were too dorky to wear in the spring. And don't ask me about the poncho.

A knitted pair of socks is always welcome, but often one of the pair finds it's way into the parallel sock universe portal of her laundry basket.

I think I hit it big, though, with this Calorimetry pattern. Em gave it a rave review, at least now while it's still 80 degrees outside and I am not asking her to puh-leeze wear a hat this morning your wet hair will freeze to the back of the bus seat. It's a quick knit, and an ass-kicking stash buster. Since you need less than 100 yards you can rescue quite a few widows and orphans right in time for the holiday season, and maybe make a teeenager say awesome.

3 Comments:

Blogger bonitapita said...

I really like the Calorimetry pattern and have even thought of growing my hair out just to wear one. Luckily I have others in my life with longer hair. Thanks for the suggestion...great, quick gift!

10/11/2007 08:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, That's just scary...

10/11/2007 07:00:00 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

I thought the point to a balaclava was to avoid having a blue nose.

What are you making for yourself for Rhinebeck? How shall bingo players know you - you're on my card!

10/15/2007 09:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home