Knit 2 Par 3

Saturday, November 22, 2008

My Girl Swirled Around The World

With Emily gone these last two weeks I decided to do something about all that Noro hiding around the house. These sassy little fingerless gloves use only one skein of Kureyon. While I like these little mitties, my hands get cold so I layer them over the cheap stretchy gloves you can get anywhere.


This super simple project should take you two nights, tops.

My Girl Swirled Around The World

What you need: 1 set size 8 dpn; 1 skein Noro Kureyon. Unlike other patterns in the round, you do not need a marker.

Gauge: about 20 stitches for 4 inches, but this pattern is very stretchy.

Okay let's go: cast on 36 stitches and divide them on 3 needles. Join, being careful not to do anything I wouldn't do.

Then, just jump right into the pattern: Knit 2, YO, Knit 2, Knit 2 together. Just keep going! It's very liberating to get so much pattern for so little counting.

Stop after 4" though, and Knit 6 stitches on waste yarn. Then, go back and knit those six waste yarn stitches again. You can pick up the pattern after knitting the waste stitches.

Continue this for 3 more inches, then bind off. I prefer to use this bind off: K2tog, and put the stitch back on the left needle until one stitch is left, then draw yarn through loop and voila.

For the thumb, undo those waste stitches and pick them up on three dpns. I recommend you pick up a stitch or two in any area that shows a gap in the main mitten; it's the thing I dislike most about this type of thumb. Knit four rounds, then bind off.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea - and very pretty!

11/23/2008 07:21:00 AM  
Blogger Christine Blossom said...

Thanks for this pattern! I made a pair for my step-mom and she loved them. I posted a picture on my blog with your link and many thanks!!

1/10/2011 07:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home