Knit 2 Par 3

Sunday, May 03, 2009

'One would have to have a heart of stone to read the death of Little Nell without dissolving into tears...of laughter.' (Oscar Wilde).

I am disappointed, dry-eyed and mirthless as I write this blog post, having just sat through the one episode (one episode!) PBS version of The Old Curiosity Shop. I had laid in a big supply of tissues, and cast on a pretty simple project in anticipation of a big blubber fest at the lingering death of Little Nell. Although Dickens is not my favorite victorian novelist, I think I've read this one a few dozen times and always cried cried cried. But this version left out so much of the story it was like the Twitter version.

Anyway. There was nothing disappointing about all the knitting going on in this house this weekend. I tidied up the living room knitting basket (but not the bedroom knitting basket, or the yarn-lined fall out shelter, or the bag of Work Knitting) and went to the big sale at Knitting Nation and bought - you guessed it: more Noro. I sketched out a recipe for a nice vest for John and got to work on that one. I also cast on a version of the Swallowtail shawl using a worsted weight instead of lace weight, and so far nothing to cry about.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jeanne said...

Noro for the vest and shawl - nice!

5/04/2009 07:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home