Knit 2 Par 3

Monday, February 05, 2007

What Were You Knitting on Feb 4, 1983?

I was knitting a brown, brown, brown sweater for an undeserving boyfriend and was marooned on Sleeve Island. Times were hard for knitters, then; acrylic ruled the earth and Woolworth's was your yarn destination.

I was finishing up this brown, brown, brown sweater for a Valentine's Day present that evening and watching the news when I saw that Karen Carpenter had died a bad death.

Here is a link to that Todd Haynes movie, The Karen Carpenter Story I think in it's entirety, which you can watch at work if nobody's watching you because it's almost an hour long.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you rock denise! I have a cheezy vhs copy of superstar and love turning people onto that movie. I even show it to my college art students. Thanks for the link.

2/08/2007 08:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home