Knit 2 Par 3

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Fall, Finally

Yesterday was damp and blustery enough for Polish food and an afternoon movie so we got out of our pajamas and headed out to find some.

On our walk we lamented the decline of the many Eastern European restaurants of our youth, where you could brace yourself with a combo platter for the long night of cheap beer ahead. However, there are still a few old standbys, however tarted up for the neighborhood they might be, and I must say I was treated to a real fashion show of hand knit fabulousness as I looked out the window on E9th Street at the passersby.

In honor of the season, Emily wore her new Newsboy Cap from Stitch n Bitch Nation.

I got this yarn at Rhinebeck from Twist of Fate Spinnery in Portland, CT. It was a great deal, $14 for 150 yards of good quality, kind of rustic yarn. On the barnyard smell chart, I'd say it's a little gamey but okay. I love yarn, but I don't like to be too close to the animal it came from, and I almost didn't buy this but the color was irresistible. The yarn is a twisted rich dark brown and cream, and very even so you get a good overall pattern without too many patches of just dark brown.

This Newsboy Cap is a fun knit and I finished it in one night. I did this version without the cables, and at Emily's request made it a little more Rastafarian by decreasing the crown at regular intervals every 3 rows instead of whatever was recommended in the pattern.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute hat! I agree - I like yarn but would rather not have it smell too much!

11/04/2007 05:47:00 PM  
Blogger bonitapita said...

Love that hat! I'm thinking of making one for a friend that would look beyond cute in a hat like that.

11/04/2007 07:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home