Knit 2 Par 3

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Doctor! It Hurts When I Do This!

Well, don't do that!

I guess that's the best advice anyone is going to give you when you get a knitting injury. I did try a little knitting over the weekend - as if anyone with any sense handles wool in 100 degree weather in a house with no air conditioning - and it hurt like hell after about 5 minutes. Not to mention that even to get to the five minutes of knitting I was wearing so much protective supportive equipment on my arm and wrist that I just could have added a cup and not thought anything about it.

I have just a tiny bit to go on one of the Poetry mittens, which are a gift for Clem and I want to have it done by the end of this week. I guess half a pair of mittens is a fine gift for a heatwave, half being business as usual for some at that house.

I got a few good tips on dealing with my boo boo arm from Ravelry, as well as some links for one-handed knitting contraptions that I plan to put together with some of the left over hardware from Ikea. Most importantly I got some reward for my troubles, in the form of that knitting merit badge up there in the corner: the “Knitting Has Forced Me to Seek Medical Attention” Badge (Level One) – In which the recipient has been forced to seek the advice of a healthcare professional for injuries sustained as a result of knitting".

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No wonder you were able to take the time to read my lenghty post! You poor thing! Wishing you well!

6/10/2008 05:26:00 PM  
Blogger Knit - R - Done said...

Maybe you just need a different doctor. Mine sent me to physical therapy, prescribed meds, and gave me a comfortable brace.

I was also pretty honest that I'd never give up crafts.

Good luck!

6/11/2008 09:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home