Knit 2 Par 3

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Brush With Fame

I was not-so-secretly hoping to meet the Mason-Dixon gals at Sheep and Wool and I had prepared oh so many witty things to say to them while traveling to and from work on the subway. Clever things! Deep, thought provoking knitting ideas. Tips! A display of my Mile Square Yarn Splicing technique, even. If they asked.

I was even hoping for an autograph and some of those little stamps of their heads on the title page. But sadly I left their book at home in the bathroom, where it has been on the Best Seller Shelf since it came out, replacing The Bad Popes and occupying a place of honor right next to ancient copy of the Sub-Treasury of American Humor.

When I got to the barn where they were keeping the authors penned up, all that was left of them were their wigs:



P.S., we did come back to see if they were there, and I did get to talk to them, and it was way cool and they were super nice. I have a picture of me talking to them, but I look insane and they look like they are talking to the 1,000th insane knitter of the day at S'nW.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so overwhelmed at Rhinebeck that I missed all of the authors. I think I want to go back and do it over...

10/23/2008 09:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home