Knit 2 Par 3

Sunday, October 19, 2008

So Much More Than Yarn: Rhinebeck 2008

Let's get it out of the way: Did I buy yarn? Yes. Here I am buying some of the same yarn I bought last year from Twist of Fate Spinnery.

I was hellbent on getting myself a lot of this yarn, but they only had 3 skeins left. So, I got some, not a lot. I also got some nice sock yarn from Brooks Farm, and some beautiful chunky yarn at Briar Rose, here:


And that concludes the yarn portion of our show.

What was new at Rhinebeck? Rug hooking seemed to be the new lace. There were three or four hookers scattered 'round the barns, using both rug wool and wool strip techniques. There were angora rabbits, and romney sheep.

There were Utilikilts! I saw one guy go by and I was amused; I spent some time talking to the second guy I saw (Dave) about his Utilikilt:



It was a pretty well crafted garment, made of a heavy twill. There were two sets of pockets with lots of sewn in sections. There were a lot of deep pleats and it had a nice swing to it. Most importantly, it comes with a little "Modesty Strap" for when, said Dave, you want to get on your motorcycle.

Are you getting the idea I spent a lot of time asking this guy questions? Then you are getting the right idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home