Knit 2 Par 3

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Who'da Thunk It?

Today was filled with things I'd never have imagined happening. First, the USA won the Ryder Cup. I thought the last time the US team won was "never" but the actual last time was about 10 years ago. In Golf Time, which is much slower than regular people's time, ten years is just like yesterday, but still, that's a long time to go without winning.

I also finished up a few knitting projects in anticipation of several dozen new things I want to start, like right now. Here is Emily modeling the Ribbed Lace Bolero knitted up in Lion Brand Cotton Ease, of all things.


Yarn snob that I am, I can't believe I knitted anything using Lion Brand. Discerning knitters will see that this crap really can't hold up to the lace pattern but it was a quick knit and very inexpensive and of course, it looks fab on Em.

But I was really surprised to find myself, still on the couch long after golf was over, watching - a western and knitting a dishcloth. Granted, it was a western staring Johnny Depp, but a western nonetheless. And as for the dishcloth, I needed a little gift for someone in my office moving to a new apartment.

We are all making it up as we go along, I've heard tell, so I guess it behooves us to never say never.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty bolero - I made the same thing for my daughter out of the same yarn - it does hold up well.

9/24/2008 08:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home