Knit 2 Par 3

Sunday, September 14, 2008

One Door Closes, Another Door Opens

I was very sad to learn that my local golf store is going out of business. Where will people go to buy their golf toilet paper, golf business card holders and most importantly, hot dog and cigar holders? I took advantage of their misery and bought myself yet another new pair of golf shoes. That makes three pairs of golf shoes for me, and I doubt that Imelda Marcos herself had that many pairs of golf shoes.

And I was very glad to learn that a new yarn store opened in neighboring Chilltown. A knit cafe, with nice baked goods and an outside seating area. I was so excited to head over there on Saturday morning that I left the house with my shirt on inside out. The yarn selection was what I'd call Hats-Scarves-Mittens, generous skeins at reasonable prices for small pieces. It was a little disconcerting to realize that my stash probably exceeded the store's stock, but that didn't stop me from picking up some nice Misti Alpaca cotton silk.

I spent the rest of the weekend "organizing"my Ravelry queue using their new and diabolical sorting and tagging tool. This provided hours and hours of hand cramping entertainment and housework avoidance opportunity. I tell you, if Bob asked subscribers for a penny for every hour we spent cruising that thing, well, he'd have many pennies.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paper Tiger said...

Neighboring Chilltown? My ears perk up. Oh frabjous day!! My property values just went up! Across from yucky C-town!

Yummers.

9/16/2008 12:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home