Knit 2 Par 3

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Knit 2 Strike 3: Yer Out!

I woke up with that warm, fuzzy feeling I always get at the end of baseball season. While there are several more games to go, the Yanks are out of the running for the Whirled Series and family life resumes here in the Little House in the Mile Square City.

But the Yankees did not play their best this year, and mi marido y niƱa were despondent for many weeks at a time. Isn't that a polite way to put it? I sincerely believe that Yankee Captain Derek Jeter reads this blog, and I don't want him to be offended.

There's always next year.

I wonder if this guy, who sat in front of us at a game, has taken a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to his head in despair:


On the knitting front, the chilly snap in the air gives me permission to cast on projects like crazy. Pretty soon people are going to need mittens (and one girl is going to need me to finish up the left mitty on this project or else she will just have to keep one hand in her pocket). People are going to need hats, and scarves, and shrugs and vests.

I may have to buy more yarn.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully he didn't use permanent marker! I've been struggling against starting a lot of new projects...

9/27/2008 08:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home