Knit 2 Par 3

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Buttoned Up

I put my good button hole research to work and finished up this birthday vest for Brendan with enough time to actually wrap it:


As you an see those are some fine looking buttonholes, and so many of them, too! I realize I had purchased extra buttons at Brooklyn General for this project, with the idea of sewing the extras into the bottom band in case one fell off and rolled onto the subway tracks or something. But I got carried away with the buttonhole techniques, using three different kinds in this vest for the heck of it.

What's this pattern? I turned to my favorite Handy Book of Knitting Patterns for the vest. It has a simple K2P2 border, and then I launched into the stitch pattern I'd seen done in Yank (Rav link). This stitch gives all the pleasure of garter stitch with a nice little pattern to keep it from looking too plain.


Here it is up close. Look at those fine buttons all snug in their buttonholes.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Love the color and pattern - and the buttons are just perfect

12/15/2008 07:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home