Knit 2 Par 3

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Okay, Back to Work Tomorrow

I crammed in the maximum amount of fun possible here at the end of my vacation. First off, I finished that Uncreative Noro Striped Scarf in the waning minutes of 2008. Then, early in 2009 (like 12:05 am on January 1) I decided it needed to be longer so undid the bind off and and added, oh, 18 more inches. Here it is:


It looked really beautiful in the snow on the day we went camping. No really, it was sort of camping: we visited friends who have a very rustic vacation cabin - no electricity, no water, wood stove for heat and an outhouse.

An outhouse in the snow.

Back in the Big City, I visited this store and picked up my xmas present from John - a copy of Charted Sweaters That Talk Back. This is more of a book about knitting and not a a book of patterns but you sure get some ideas about patterns from reading it.

Reading it in your outhouse in the snow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today i dialed up your lovely noro stripey scarf pic to show a good example of color crazy stripes mixed with calm, to one of my students! you are officially a high school textbook!

1/07/2009 07:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home