Knit 2 Par 3

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Knit 2 Par 3: Now With Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem!

I only watched about 35 seconds of golf today - which was too bad, because Tiger Woods won, John Daly fell apart, and the sun was shining on a golf course somewhere in this world of endless rain. And the golf was playing on such a big TV I felt like the sun was shining on me! But I could not linger.

I only knit for a few minutes today, casting on the Greenjeans cardigan and the Wanida socks (Rav Link, andsock number six in the Wendy D/Cookie A Toe Up Extravaganza) and blocking the Grace Lace Beret, and undoing the too-tight bindoff on the Monkey socks. I would have liked to spend this lazy rainy day possibly even sorting stash, but again, I could not linger.

And why you may ask? Because I could not tear myself away from... from...from...Pride and Prejudice and Zombies!

A few dozen blog posts ago, I predicted that people (well, mostly male people) would enjoy movie versions of Jane Austen books if they cast characters from Planet of the Apes in the stories. I've read my share of Austen fan fiction but I never imagined what a little zombie mayhem could do to improve the fortunes of the Misses Bennett.

Would Jane read this book? I feel I can comfortably say she sure would, if it was summer and she was spending her 2 week vacation in Bath. I like to think she had a great sense of humor, and as evidenced by her character Lady Catherine de Burgh, a good eye for zombie mayhem.

1 Comments:

Anonymous lynn said...

yikes! i hope the prose is better than the accompanying illustration...

8/03/2009 08:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home