Knit 2 Par 3

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Nancy and I took a little break from golf this weekend for some Mother's Day yarn and fabric shopping at Purl in Soho on Sunday morning. I have long thought that Purl is the best yarn store in NYC, but their new fabric store, down the street, has an equally spectacular stock. Emily came along with us and I treated her to some beautiful fat quarters - she's sitting there right now, watching some god-awful show staring Brittny Spear's little sister, and making a patchwork top. Nancy got some fabric for bedroom curtains and dining room chair covers, here is a picture of something like what she bought:

With great happiness I was able to overcome the self imposed yarn celibacy at Purl with the purchase of some lovely Blue Sky Alpaca . I'm not a giant alpaca fan generally, but this yarn is very soft, beautifully dyed and completely impractical for socks, which is why I bought these two skeins, for socks that will finish off the last pair of socks for the Sockstravaganza.

Tomorrow, I have my first work related golf event at some fancy place in Westchester. I hope it rains and rains and rains and rains. I'm just not ready for golf on my own, out there with the office predators and without the protection of loved ones, even though I did also buy myself a new purple golf bag and some nice pink and purple golf balls. On sale at Target!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home