Knit 2 Par 3

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Going down swinging

I thinkI played one of the last rounds of golf for the season over the weekend in Maine. Emily and I had a fun time at the par 3 course. I tried out a few of my new clubs and while I was hesitant to spend so much money on a non-yarn item, I was glad that Brendan encouraged me to buy a full set. To make things a little more challenging for the par 3 course, I concentrated on getting the ball on the green and I was able to do that four times in the nine holes. My putting was quite poor, though. In retrospect I was not taking the time to see the lie of the green and just taking a shot.

Finishing up the details - that's my lifelong problem. I have the same problem with knitting - I hate to sew up a project, I hate to weave in the ends, I hate to sew on the buttons. I hate to block. I am very good at knitting the test gauge for a pattern, and measuring and adjusting, and all the rows and patterns. I like to wind yarn. I like to tee off, to get to the green, but getting the little ball in the ever tinier hole is work.

For fun I hit some balls into the creek behind the house, but look! No follow through in this shot:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I semt you an email a couple days ago, but haven't heard back. Would you mind emailing me with your mailing address for socks wars?
Thanks
Christa
ceinman@gmail.com

10/12/2006 11:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home