Knit 2 Par 3

Monday, January 19, 2009

I Thought It Would Never End

To celebrate the end of the Reign of Terror I ended the Never Ending Story Blanket. Most of the scrap ends of yarn in this blanket were knitted over the last 8 years. Lots of babies were born in our family requiring many woolly garments; very, very dear friends were acquired who gladly dressed up their whole families in stuff made out of yarn. Looking at the blanket while John was taking pictures of it yesterday I remembered how all that knitting made me feel happy in a world that seemed anything but.

Here I am, letting my freak flag fly:



Tomorrow is a new day so I started a new scrap blanket. I hope this one takes me 8 years to complete too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Natalie Rush said...

Wow!! I love the blanket!!! That is a great idea!!!

1/20/2009 09:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blanket! What a great idea...

1/20/2009 08:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous!

1/25/2009 10:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home