Knit 2 Par 3

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Say Cheesy

I am a little tired from dancing the night away at the Inaugural Balls, so when I got home from work I put my feet up on the coffee table, turned on the Bob Hope Classic and cast on quite a few new projects too.

This year, I solemnly swear to bust down that stash and try not to buy too much new yarn, with the exception of this very nice Rowan Cocoon I bought over the weekend. It was an emergency buy because like the shoemaker's child, I don't have even one pair of warm handknitted mittens and it is cold cold cold. I was undecided about the pattern, I am going to use something like this one for the left hand and something like this one for the right hand.

I also sketched out a plan of attack for this sweater, using up some Cascade Superwash I bought quite a long time ago. I haven't knit a sweater for my husband since President #41.

And the final thing I cast on was this nice scarf with the not so nice Noro Silk Garden Sock yarn. Hopefully this year I can break my dependence on foreign yarn, particularly the sock yarn line from Noro, which dissapointed me at every step last year.

For you knitters, the Bob Hope Classic is a match that has professional golfers and amateur golfers playing together in teams, and I was hoping to catch golfer Alice Cooper playing tonite. I didn't have any luck with that, and I might not even be able to watch tomorrow or possibly ever again: this tournament includes a beauty pagent where three "Classic Girls" are selected for some cheesecake picture honor. Is this necessary?

Of course, knitters have their own cheesecake pictures:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home