Knit 2 Par 3

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Okay About Those Onions

I knew I had reached vacation relaxation nirvana (or a serious drop in estrogen) when I saw some onions that were so beautiful they brought tears to my eyes.


A large part of the Maine vacation is the discussion of What To Eat Next. We spent a lot of time these past two weeks exploring the local farmer's markets where I came upon these spectacular onions. So round! So white! So perfectly oniony!

The side-by-side cukes and beans made me want to knit a striped scarf:


Root vegetables were like edible Noro Kuryeon:


I plan to make a hat in the colors of these cabbages, and call it "Cabbage Head":

See what I mean? I was swooning. There was some yarn at the market in Kennebunk, but I passed on it. It was alpaca, and while the colors were lovely and heathery, smelled and felt way too close to the animal for my tastes. And really no more yarn can come into this house until Rhinebeck in October. Really, no more.

None, I swear.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jeanne said...

Gorgeous veggies - I would have wanted to buy them all (even the ones I don't like!) And you are right - the cabbage colors would be beautiful in a knit.

So did you buy some of the alpaca yarn?

8/29/2009 08:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home