Knit 2 Par 3

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Back to Business

As far as I am concerned, Labor Day is the end of summer. We got home late last night from a quick trip to Maine and I packed up my white patent leather purse and dug out my most serious back to school shoes. It's over, and while it was fun while it lasted, it's time to move on.

Because, as we knitters know, Fall is our High Holy Season. There is Stitches, which I am thinking about attending. There is this Yarn Crawl thing, which might be fun. There is, of course, Sheep N Wool, the highest holy day of them all.

The dark secret (well, maybe not such a secret) about this season is, of course, that it presents many opportunities for buying more yarn. Yarn that you can't get any other time of the year! Yarn that you can't get enough of in one dye lot for any kind of meaningful project! Yarn that stays with you for the rest of your life like a sad misspelled tattoo.

My plan of action is to whittle down what's already in my yarn-lined Fallout Shelter by knitting my 20 top "wow that looks cute and quick" picks from my Rav queue. I'm already mostly through Project 1: Haruha, using up every inch of some Cascade Heritage sock yarn. Project 2, to be cast on shortly as I catch up on my Mad Men episodes, will be the Scrappy Flap Hat. I think every child I know needs one.

How does golf fit in here? Over the weekend I met a guy who has a problem maintaining employment because working interferes with his golf game. Here was a person who just laid it all out on the line: you can't have everything, so you might as well make a choice. I'm hoping I can get in a game or two in over the next few weeks AND get to work on these projects AND make all those yarn pilgrimages and maybe even stay employed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jeanne said...

Good luck with your top 20 projects - and it is hard to find time to do it all, isn't it? But I would pick job over golf (because otherwise how would you pay for it?)

9/09/2009 12:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you owe me some umbrella royalties?

We missed you at NJ Sheep & Fiber Fest. Unfortunately, I can only help you playing miniature golf games. It's the same thing, right?

Thanks for the movie!

9/13/2009 10:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home