Knit 2 Par 3

Monday, October 16, 2006

Changed My Mind (not about the dry cleaning)

A few months ago I gave a rather dismal review of my neighborhood yarn store, Patricia's Yarns. Now the store has been open for maybe more than a year, and when I paid a visit there this weekend, I was pleased to see a greater variety of yarns and nary a fuzzy ball or scarf in sight.

First I found this beautiful Gems Opal by Louet Sales. You get a hefty 225 yards in a skein and I think I paid $13.50. The colors are very rich and the store stocked a good range. I don't think I am going to knit anything with it, I will just keep it to look at for a while.

It seems to be a big year for alpaca everywhere I look and there was a good supply of that Blue Sky Alpaca that I used on some of the socks for the summer Sockstravaganza. I was also pretty turned on by the Trekking Jaywalker which every blogger in the world is knitting with right now if you check the Google Search. I think is marketed as sock yarn but I would use for a tank top. I realize that I'm pretty much over socks as I toil through the last third of the Sock Wars pair. Wish that I had somehow managed to draw the the name of a one legged knitter because I'd be done by now.

In case you are wondering about the dry cleaning, I dropped if off at the dry cleaners on December 12, 2005. And it's still there, and most mornings, the dry cleaner (Rosario) comes out his shop and mutely appeals to me to come pick it up while I wait at the bus stop. So sometimes when I am feeling sensitive and overrought (like today) I go in the opposite direction and take the train.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please send me your mailing information for sockwars. Your original assassin dropped out of the competition and everyone between the two of us has been killed off. It is not fair to hold out on your information.
ceinman@gmail.com

10/17/2006 02:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea! i love patricia's yarns haha, good to see a fellow hoboken knitter-blogger! and what's this sock wars... i'm intrigued!?

10/19/2006 05:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home