Knit 2 Par 3

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I am Susceptible

Well, it was a record high temperature day here today, contrasting weirdly with the freezing cold weather of last week. And coincidentally I came down with a cold today, prompting every co-worker to remark: You Caught That Cold From the Weather. Folks! I caught this cold from what my father in law calls amoebilies: all purpose germs.

Observing my runny nose, a man from my office told me that he was sure I caught this cold from failing to consistently wear long underwear. He said: "I put on the long underwear on October 30, and I don't take it off until April 30, regardless of the weather. This way I know
I Am Not Susceptible."

More and more, people are telling me about the magic powers of long underwear. No one has developed a knitting pattern for it, but someone did write a song.

So of the many things I am susceptible to in a given week, I was really susceptible to the hype about Noro Sock Yarn. I had to have this yarn and I looked all over this big city to find it. I can tell you it's like knitting with really beautiful colored unwaxed dental floss.

Here it is, halfway through a pair of Simply Lovely Lace socks. I wonder if I was wearing long underwear, would I have been susceptible to this yarn purchase? Maybe not. Now that I've worked with it a while, I will say it's a good buy ($19 a skein, 465 yards, plenty for one pair) but not cozy enough for socks (or underwear of any kind).



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, Maybe it wasn't from not wearing long underwear, but I'll bet you went outside with a wet head!

1/11/2008 05:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home