Knit 2 Par 3

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Do The Math

Even if you know a lot about me, you might not know that I spend most of my workday doing math. Today was a big math day for me, math all damn day with just a tiny break in the middle to go to Habu Textiles and fondle the fiber. (And they're having a sale).

Interestingly enough, 156 years ago today Ada Lovelace summed up her interesting and mathmatical life. You can read about her here, but every good feminist knows that Ada Lovelace invented the first math based software language.

Looking around for some math based knitting patterns to celebrate the day, I found the Sockulator. While I don't really need a sock pattern anymore, I really need to say Sockulator a few more times just for the fun of it. Sockulator.

You can also spice up the stripy stuff - and use up some stash - by using modular arithmetic as shown in the Perfect Shuffle scarf. There is also the tried and true Fibonacci sequence knitting- which I used for my golf bag.

I am finally getting around to updating the links, left. Mostly they are golfers and knitters, but who knows, maybe some of them are good at math.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(ears perk up) Sale? A sale?!? Yay!

11/27/2007 08:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home