Knit 2 Par 3

Sunday, December 30, 2007

I Am The Last To Know

Did you know that there is a TV show about knitting? Of course you knew. I think I sort of knew too from seeing the advertisements in the thousands of knitting magazines I buy, and digging the hostess's cute hairdo in the pictures, but I didn't know I could get that show on MY television. Our cable provider had a free week of the Golf Channel, and right there next to the golf was the knitting, just like it is in nature.

And it's on every day! Just like golf. And it has an audience, just like golf. I was so inspired about the similarities and differences I felt a Venn diagram coming on, but I couldn't figure out how to insert one in this here blog. But just to note:

  • You can knit and watch knitting on the couch at the same time. You cannot play golf and watch golf on the couch at the same time.
  • Both knitting and golf shows need Doc Severenson.
  • You can yell at the screen when watching both shows. But yelling In The Hole! is not so helpful at any time.

Both shows are improved with a big glass of red wine. Both shows are on in the daytime, making you wonder about that big glass of red wine.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

IN THE HOLE! I HATE that!

12/30/2007 07:38:00 PM  
Blogger margaux said...

haha! love it Denise! I think everything improves with Red Wine ;-) I have seen a few episodes of Knitty Gritty - we so should fly out to LA to get on the show... we'll bring Wine!

12/30/2007 07:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't get DIY even when I had cable... but knitting makes regular appearances on one of my new favorite shows, Pushing Daisies.

Also, you can play golf and knit in the summer, but you can only play golf in the summer.

12/30/2007 08:29:00 PM  
Blogger pigbook1 said...

the hostess of that show now has a podcast over here:
http://www.vickiehowell.com/podcast.html
Just so you aren't the last to know about that :-D

12/31/2007 01:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home