Knit 2 Par 3

Monday, February 23, 2009

And the Oscar Goes to ...


Riddle me this: why isn't anyone wearing hand knits at the Oscars? Someone pointed out that the Oscars are usually held in the winter, the perfect season for handknits, but yet, there wasn't even a lacey stole covering Sarah Jessica Parker's...shoulders. And that Jessica Biel dress could have only been improved by a fair isle cardigan of some sort.


There is plenty of good knitting the movies, though, so I had my own little ceremony while I ate my lunch at my desk.


Best Actress: Greer Garson in Mrs. Miniver


Best Actor: Cary Grant learning how to knit in Mr. Lucky


Lifetime Achievement Award: Gromit, for knitting in every movie, even though he seems to only know garter stitich.


I am sure I could add more, but I had to eat fast and go to a meeting.

1 Comments:

Blogger sew nancy said...

hi
thanks for you comment
i see you live in hoboken- my old stomping ground

now i want to see mr. lucky because i'd lovve to see the scene with cary grant
cheers

2/24/2009 09:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home