Knit 2 Par 3

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Falling Hard for the Bandit


Everything has fallen to pieces here because I've spent every waking hour this week with this Bandit shawl, left (thank you to Rav'er Illanna for the picture of her Bandit, I am too wrapped up in knitting to get my own pictures done).

No laundry has been laundered; peanut butter sandwiches have been offered in lieu of meals; a large stack of hard-core vampire books go unread, LPGA unwatched - all because of my devotion to this project.

There is no accounting for what I will hard fall for, and I try hard to stick to the least damaging of the available distractions. But my heart wants what my heart wants, and mysteriously it seems to want a great big lace shawl with 3 two-part patterns. This is a lot of knitting for a what really is a large scarf, although pretty easy to memorize. I'm using size 8 needles, and some other Brooks Farm that I bought a long time ago and was "saving". Saving for what?

For a pattern to come and sweep me off my feet.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I thought maybe you'd been holed up watching Burt Reynolds movies ... Looking forward to ogling the Brooks!

3/28/2009 08:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Jeanne said...

That is a gorgeous shawl! I can see why you are obsessed...

3/28/2009 09:52:00 AM  
Blogger rachel said...

I'm also in love with the Bandit - it's such a gorgeous pattern. Looking forward to seeing your FO! I will be getting this one on the needles soon.

3/30/2009 09:54:00 PM  
Blogger Natalie Rush said...

So pretty!! Looks great!

3/31/2009 11:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home