Knit 2 Par 3

Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Book of Un-Ravelation

The little family's gone for a short vacation, leaving me up to my own devices for a bit. Unfortunately, I forgot to take the golf clubs out of the car trunk before they left, and what with the limited knitting I can do with my crippled arm I need to find a whole new bunch of mischief with which to occupy my time.

Nancy and I were able to get out to the Brooklyn Flea before the mob of vigilante church-goers burns the place to the ground. And what a sweet little flea market it was! I bought red checked shirt from this guy . The mexican food we got from one vendor was enough of a Sunday religious experience for me.

My big plan for the week is to continue to unravel some ill conceived or unloved projects. This one, for example, is the Pubcrawler from Son of Stitch'n Bitch, meant for John:

_DSC0944


I didn't realize the toll on my mental health the hundreds of cables would take, so it has to go.

Another horror I worked on over the winter is the Cable 8 sweater, shown here on pretty Raveler Trebuchet, because I couldn't bear to take a picture of it - is also going down:



This sweater - even with out sleeves - is way to hot for a living person. It's like I made it out of asbestos insulation and lined it in lead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home