Knit 2 Par 3

Sunday, July 13, 2008

The First of Many

Well, let me get right to it: Lou Lou joined us this weekend on her maiden round of par 3 golf and she rocked right up to the 10th hole! Then she needed ice cream, and adults needed a beer, and it was so hot it was like playing golf on Venus, so we called it a game. Regular readers will remember that Lou Lou is six years old and fierce - a golfer who will do quite a lot to improve her lie. And since she doesn't own a cell phone or have a job and she can't be left alone in the house, I think we have finally found our fourth.


As for myself, I am still ridin' high on my game. I got 2 pars and gave myself an award for Most Improved Putter when I got to the ladies room. I just felt that zing in my swing that I haven't felt in the last few rounds.

When I got home my friend Jenny and her girls had arrived from LA for the weekend and we spent the rest of the afternoon in New York City, doing things you can do in LA: trying on sunglasses and eating - another first for me - Red Mango frozen yogurt. Do you know about this Red Mango stuff or is this another thing about which I am the last to know? I never saw one before in my life and suddenly, there are dozens of them in Chelsea. The place was filled with stylish Japanese tourists and carefree half dressed blonds and me, still sweaty from golf, wearing a baseball hat.

I'd go back right now if I was wearing my better pair of pajamas, though, it was pretty good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 2 pars, etc! And, no, I've not heard of the Red Mango either.

7/13/2008 11:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home